Wednesday 23 November 2011

Two new reviews of "Popular"


There were two new reviews out recently for my first novel, "Popular." One was published in a literary magazine published by the University of Melbourne, called Viewpoint, and the other was written by a teenage reader from County Down in Northern Ireland. 

Viewpoint's review discusses how her expectations weren't meant when she began reading: "When I first picked up Popular, I expected (a) it to be about a bunch of mean American girls and (b) that I wouldn't like it. (I went to a high school full of mean 'popular' girls and I don't like being reminded how nasty females can be to each other.) However, the girls and one boy were Irish, although pretty mean, and I did enjoy it. Russell stands back from his characters and describes them almost mockingly."

For the full review, click HERE.

Emma, the reader, writes about how she enjoyed "Popular" as a young teenager from Belfast. And you can read it HERE.

British or European readers can purchase "Popular" HERE.
Canadian readers can purchase it HERE.
American readers can purchase it HERE.
And, of course, Australian readers can purchase it HERE.

I feel so lucky to have these great reviews and it certainly makes any author's day a brighter one!

2 comments:

  1. Hello ^^ I read your awesome book Popular and it was so awesome that I read it in one night ^^ I really loved reading it ^^ My favorite character is Meredith Harper ^^
    Sorry for the bad English ):

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed "Popular" and, yes, Meredith is one of my favourites too!

    And your English is flawless.

    Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails