Wednesday 24 March 2010

In the beginning...

After several months of fearing that my technophobia meant that any attempt at blogging would end in a total and complete disaster (not dissimilar in size and scope to the "Golden Girls" spin-off), I have finally been persuaded to overcome said fears after being inspired by the excellent examples of Tea at Trianon and Louise in Lovelyland. So, I've decided to grab the metaphorical bull by the horns and here goes!

There isn't really a plan or mission statement for the blog, which could, of course, mean that things will become chaotic, but that's half the fun. I plan to keep the ranting down to a bare minimum (beyond what is obviously unavoidable) and discuss the things I'm interested in - favourite movies, books I'm reading, funny anecdotes and, of course, history.

I also hope to avoid starting too many observations with the phrase "So I got to thinking...", but I can't promise too much...

5 comments:

  1. I am following this blog only in the hopes that it will end up in some LiLo-esque meltdown. I want front row seats. Come to Oxford xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to say, yes, I have every intention of using this as the Kardashian sisters use Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the mention! I am honored. I am looking forward to dipping into your storehouse of knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tags for this post are perfect in every way.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails